Monday, September 2, 2024

Two Magic Items from Hitherland

 Two Magic Items from Hitherland

As part of Attronarch's blog carnival, I went through my notes for my Hitherland setting and pulled out some magic items. I only found two (2) that were fully fleshed out and were worth sharing! I was pretty surprised. I really like the spine, but I think the chainmail is probably overpowered.

Ironwood Chainmail

This chainmail is crafted from enchanted ironwood. It provides AC as plate, but affects movement like leather. The rattling of the wooden links decreases the chance of surprising the enemy by 1-in-6.

The Spine of Rshsinni

The relic of a Sahuagin saint, this spine is a powerful magic item that grants the following abilities to chaotic clerics:

  • Allows the casting of Remove Fear/Cause Fear by level 1 clerics
  • Improves the performance of the Remove Fear/Cause Fear spell when held by a chaotic cleric
    • Remove Fear: saving throws against magical fear are modified by +2 per caster level (above first level) instead of +1
    • Cause Fear: Saves against this spell are at -1 per caster level (above first level)

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice entry!
    I imagine the Ironwood being used by elves allergic to metal.
    I also like the idea of magic items that allow casting of spells rather than having a direct effect, especially for clerics. It gives them a similar drive to find treasures in the way that magic users are driven for spell books.

    ReplyDelete